That over eating and food craving lead to weight gain, is a common knowledge. But, if you manage to overcome your food cravings, you can shed thousands of calories within no time. Here are the latest tricks by the researchers and experts as to how can you overcome your cravings.
* Once you have made up your mind to lose weight, you should try your best to avoid your triggers. For example, "you crave for what you eat" therefore, if you will switch to other things that you do not eat often, you will be able to weaken your old cravings. Studies say that this is the best way to eliminate your old cravings because the longer you avoid your trigger food, the lesser will be your craving for it. Ideally, you should switch to something healthy because in the end, you will possibly crave for the food items you have switched to. And, if you have switched to fresh fruits, it will be the real bonus.
* Next trick is to destroy the temptation. If you have succumbed to a craving and bought your favorite junk food or any other trigger food and not feeling good while eating, destroy it. Do not throw it, but ruin it completely by running water over it. It will give you the satisfaction that you have kicked your binge. However, you might feel bad that you have wasted money but just think if the junk food was not thrown away into the dustbin; it would have gone straight to your hips.
* In order to eliminate your craving and clamp your appetite, drink two glasses of water and eat an ounce of nuts (12 almonds, 6 walnuts or 20 peanuts). Within 20 minutes you will be able to overcome your craving completely. Moreover, nuts are quite good for your health, and if you will eat them every day in an appropriate amount, you will definitely be amazed by the results.
* Try switching to a skimmed latte (coffee) instead of going to your favorite restaurant and binging on unhealthy food. The caffeine it contains might not please your taste buds, but it can certainly save you the calories by satiating your craving.
* Studies have shown that people in depression and stress tend to eat more. Therefore, it is important for you to learn how to deal with the stress. This way you will be able to shed lots of calories a day. However, this trick requires some practice. Deep breathing or visualizing a serene scene on your own will be a good idea. You can also buy one of the CDs that teach progressive muscle relaxation.
* When you are tired you feel like eating, therefore, it is the best time to take a power nap as it will reduce the exhaustion. The best thing you can do is shut the door, close your eyes and re-energize yourself.
* In the morning, when you brush your teeth, you don't want to eat anything for some time because you do not want to mess up the freshness. You can make best use of this habit by brushing your teeth or by gargling with a mouthwash. This is how you can control your food cravings, and you will definitely experience better results in the end.
- Prev:Have You Ever Wondered How To Lose Weight Fast?
- Next:Steps for Weight Loss