The holidays are now officially over and it's time to get back on track! January 1st is the day we all get to start over. A time to make the changes in our lives that we've wanted to make but got sidetracked along the way. So, you've had your fill of tempting treats. The holidays are always exciting and indulgent. Now that they're over, hopefully you'll never want to look at another piece of pumpkin pie or vat of mashed potatoes. Starting a healthy eating program will be a pleasure instead of a chore.
Maybe emotionally, you're ready for a change. For most Americans, New Year's is a time of new beginning and emotional rebirth. You may feel the desire to alter your way of life or spend more time focusing on yourself. There's no better time to improve your health.
Also, there's plenty of time to prepare for the next holiday season. You've got a whole year to adapt to a healthy lifestyle. The next time the holidays hit, you'll be better prepared to enjoy yourself without overindulging.
Approximately 90 percent of Americans make at least one New Year's resolution each year. Unfortunately, no matter how well intentioned they are, most people fail to keep their resolutions.
Here are a few ways you can ensure your success:
1. SET OBTAINABLE GOALS. It's reasonable to lose 10 percent of your starting weight within 3 months. The goal of the EVERY BODY LOSES plan is to help you learn how to make healthy eating choices that you can carry with you for life. Rather than focusing on losing as much weight as you can as quickly as you can, realize that, if you follow the plan correctly, this could be the last program you'll ever need.
2. SET SMALL GOALS AND REWARD YOURSELF OCCASIONALLY. With the EVERY BODY LOSES plan, you may choose to set mini-goals. Once you reach your mini-goal, you can reward yourself and move on to the next mini-goal. Do not always give yourself food as a reward. Instead, treat yourself to new clothes that flatter your new body or a DVD of a favorite movie.
3. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH SUPPORTIVE PEOPLE. You'll be more likely to succeed if you have friends or family offering you encouragement and praise.
TOP 10 NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
Here is an interesting list of most common New Year's Resolutions. Whether you're starting a new diet, committing to a regular exercise routine, or promising to spend more time at home, chances are there's someone else out there with the same idea. Does yours make this list?
1. Lose weight
2. Exercise more
3. Spend more time with family
4. Get out of debt
5. Work less
6. Quit smoking or drinking
7. Get involved in community service
8. Read more
9. Get organized
10. Live life to the fullest
Be well & stay fit!
Aimee Deak is a certified personal trainer, nutrition analyst and author of the book, "Every Body Loses", an easy-to follow, step-by-step guide to fat loss.
You can find more information about fat loss and exercise on her website http://www.aim4nutrition.com
Are you aware of the concept of calories in and calories out? And in t
In the early nineties I had the opportunity to work
A woman’s legs are two of her hottest features. If they are n
The history of diet plan dated from the moment that the first monkey e
Organic cellulite cream is a great option, because then not only do yo
You may be wondering if it is possible to lose weight w
Copyright © www.020fl.com Lose Weight All Rights Reserved