Losing weight at the office
Let's be honest, weight loss at the office is not easy. Especially with all those edible sweet temptations on birthdays – not to mention all that sitting.
Tips for sticking to your weight-loss goals
But, if you're serious about losing and maintaining your ideal goal weight, these are two things you're going to have to motivate yourself to do – or, in the case of constant sitting, not do.
Here are six tips to help you stick to your weight-loss goals:
- Eat away from your desk to prevent mindless munching. If you don't have anywhere else to eat, spend 10 minutes eating at your desk, and then take a 20-40 minute walk outside.
- Keep a reusable water bottle on your desk. Sip this throughout the day to stay hydrated and satisfy hunger cravings, and to keep you more alert.
- Set little reminders on your phone or your computer every hour. When you hear the beep, you'll know it's time to get up for a quick walk and a stretch.
- Wear (or pack in) comfortable shoes so that you're always prepared for a lunchtime walk.
- Replace your office chair (if company policy allows) with a yoga/Pilates ball. This is an excellent way to improve posture and work your core all day long.
- When it comes to office birthdays, keep healthier dessert options on hand so that you'll have something to enjoy, and in which you won't feel guilty about indulging.
Recommended reading: Worst breakfast foods for weight loss
- Prev:Why broccoli is so good for you
- Next:Yummy snack if you’re watching your weight