An increase in physical activity means you will burn more calories, thus aiding in weight loss. Here are five ways to get the feet moving:
1. Walk somewhere beautiful. Having a favourite walk or circuit that you are familiar with will allow you to enjoy the walk more, as walking in a familiar comfort zone allows you to relax and refresh your mind as well as your body.
2. Buy a pedometer. A pedometer counts the number of steps you take, and it's amazing how quickly you'll be motivated to increase the number of steps you take each time you walk. Ideally you should aim for about 10 000 steps, but if this feels like too difficult a goal, just establish how many steps you normally take in a day, and increase this number weekly by 500 steps per day. Aim for this new goal until you are averaging about 8 000 to 10 000 steps a day.
3. Bring Fido along. You are likely to walk twice as far with your pooch straining at the leash. If you don't own a dog, you could always help out a relative or neighbour by taking theirs out for them.
4. Walk with friends. Join a walking programme. Walking with others will help keep you motivated and make the walk a social occasion too.
5. Listen to music. Invest in an ipod or any other device that allows you to listen to upbeat music while you walk. You'll be amazed at the energizing effect this has.
Melissa Joan Hart is officially on fire! Yesterday, she Instagrammed a
Copyright © www.020fl.com Lose Weight All Rights Reserved